Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dear Andi


Okay, so as promised..I am answering the Ask Andi questions...now, these are some of my fav questions...All about Me....Thanks guys for your questions~

Dear Andi~
Please tell us the weirdest thing that happened to you today.

I love this question! Because today sucked! But I think the weirdest thing that happened to me today actually happened five minutes ago! I had a medical emergency at my office today with a client, and we had to call the paramedics. The medic that came was an ASS! Anyway, I have known him for awhile...which is probably why I do not like him...he just called me to ask me to dinner....Yeah right! What an idiot~!

Dear Andi~
I know you are a therapist, and I was wondering what type of clients you work with. If you can work with any type of client who would they be?

Well, I currently work with chronically mentally ill adults. I see people who have schizophrenia and other severe mood disorders. Most of my clients are homeless, and it is my job to try and help them sustain housing and take care of themselves. It can be very difficult. I have done this type of work for almost a year and a half, and I think I am burned out to be honest. I get depressed because no one ever gets better~they just sustain. Prior, I worked with domestic violence and sexual assault victims; both adults and kids. I have also worked with adolescent male sex offenders, and run~away teens. I think if I could pick what I could do, I would stick with working with teens. I love working with that generation...the problem is usually I also have to work with their parents too; this can be very challenging. If I had my ideal job, I would do more work with the court system. I have a forensic background, and I love the law! I just do not always like the attorneys!

Dear Andi~
Why do you not post your nekkid, hot body any longer?

Oh, I know...it is sad! But, to be honest I am in the midst of a legal issue with a client's family and the local police department. I am afraid that my blog may be found and then I will be screwed and not in a good way!

Dear Andi~
Why do you blog?

I blog as a release. I can talk so candid here, and I do not feel judged. I feel like I can be myself to an extent and that is very liberating. This is also a great way to remind myself who I am.

Dear Andi~
How many times did you masturbate yesterday, and do you think of anyone specific. If so, who is it? What are you two doing?

Nice one! Um, well yesterday I had the day off from work. I masturbated five times actually throughout the day. And, yes I do think of someone when I do it. But, that is between him and I!
Sorry!

Dear Andi~
If you were to reccomend any two books that could help someone understand their life better, what would they be?

Well, I think I would reccomend The Four Agreements and The Knight in Rusty Armor. These are my two favorites to reccomend to clients, and as a matter of fact I just had The Knight in Rusty Armor sent to one of my friends!

Dear Andi~
Where have you been my whole life?

Um, I have no idea. But, I know I have lived in Southern California for 19 years and then moved to Northern California after that! So, maybe the question should be....where have you been?


Alright, now that was fun! Have a great night friends!


xoxo~andi



5 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Hope it all goes well and that we can get your hot body back on here again!
C xx

Green Eyes said...

I hope everything goes ok for you. I imagine your job can be extremely draining.

I love forensics!

Madame X said...

wow talk about stressful jobs!!!

Unknown said...

cool!!!!!!!!!! ;) have a wonderful weekend Andi.

John Doe said...

That was great Andi! I think it is amazing that you've been doing what you do for a year and a half and are getting burnt out. I think I would be burnt out after an hour and a half! You are a better person than I!

We've missed you on our blog come back and see us! ;)

Cheers!
~John