Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tribute to a Friend...

Hi Friends:

It has been a somber time for those of us here in blogville who were acquainted and friends with Larry. I appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts. It means a lot to me and the other friends that visit here and were friends and fans with Larry. One of our mutual friends, Sugar asked me if I could leave her tribute here on my blog. I am honored to do so. Sugar and Larry were friends for a long time, and it was my surfing and stumbling onto Sugar's site that brought me the opportunity to become acquainted with Larry. It is amazing how people touch your lives; especially when we are least expecting it.

Because Larry touched so many of us, there has been a blog set up to honor his memory. It is a place dedicated to remembering him and paying respect to his family and friends. Please go visit there, because some of the most beautiful words and thoughts that I have ever read in blogvile are written there to honor our friend. And of course any of you that wish to contribute please e-mail me, and I will be happy to post your thoughts on the site.

http://friends-of-larry.blogspot.com

Be well friends! And stay tuned for HNT...Larry's favorite day here in Blogville!

XOXO~ANDI

WORDS FROM SUGAR~

about my friend larry...

what does one say about someone they have never touched.. yet felt very touched by him ...how many times did we pray for me?... too many to count that is for sure..

he always had encouraging words when i wanted to just give up.. he let me know all isnt lost .. and i could maintain my life.. my kids... my sobriety and sanity... how many nights did we sit up for hours talking cuz we couldnt sleep.. meeting at the "clubhouse" for the insomniacs..

going to bed in the wee hours and his time zone was an hour ahead of mine.. yet here he would sit.. making sure all was well before bed... im sure he lost many a nights sleep due to our chats...

how can i ever forget the story of him in his boots (only) running with his rifle ... or the day he smashed his thumb in the door trying to get to the hang up call... or looking for something interesting on TV cuz there was nothing else to keep us company... or even trying to defend tom "im an idiot" cruise... LOL ..

yeah larry.. you my friend are missed already!

to anyone that knew larry here ... he really loved us... each and everyone with his wit and charm ... he was the best... making us laugh or understand or just plain happy to be here today.. each day! .. so let me say.. LARRY! ... thank you.. for you.. thank GOD for you...

to his family.. my condolences to you.. for the man you all knew and loved... and god bless us all .. as he is in that perfect place he always knew would be there for him... always your friend...

SUGAR

7 comments:

Green Eyes said...

Great tribute, Sugar. We sure did put in a lot of laughs at the clubhouse, didn't we, girls?

Hugs for you both, Andi and Sugar!

Tumbleweed said...

Hi Andi! I am here on my lunch hour. I added you to my gmail, so the weird Megan name is me. Would love to talk to you and get a few things cleared up. HUGS!

Tumbleweed said...

You have the word sex in your blog name, strange how my work internet blocks you but not me...hhhmmm

wind walker said...

that is a beautiful tribute.

Unknown said...

very very cool post. you rock!

KJ said...

I couldn't stop the tears....

of course I didn't know Larry like you ladies did but I read his blog, I read your tribute and I've read this...........

very beautiful and I am so sorry

The Chief said...

great words from two great ladies... it is easy to see that he was loved and also easy to see that he was a person worth loving because so many did. Condolences to all!