Sunday, August 27, 2006

Southern Smarts..


I am back! Hello y'all! Woo Howdy...alright, so I am a little Southern now..officially..alright sorta! I have learned a lot on my trip to the great Commonwealth of Kentucky...so, I thought I would share with ya'all...

1) All men in the South sound sexy as hell with those accents..YUM!
2) There are a hell of a lot of red-heads and strawberry blondes!
3) Men wear undershirts under their button up shirts..even their polos!
4) A man will open the door for you even if he has to go out of his way to do so.
5) You get called ma'am a lot.
6) The homeless will give you flowers before they ask you for money.
7) There is a church every few yards; and none of them were Catholic.
8) Women actually do their hair...and accesorize; even at 6 in the morning.
9) The state fair is a HUGE deal!
and the best thing I learned in KY..

They have something called Derby Pie...it is an orgasm in a pie crust! OMG, pecans and chocolate...all gooey together..I ate it for dinner for three nights! YUM!

Happy Monday Friends!
xxoo~
Andi

PS~I wanted to give a shout out to the little military men in the Chicago airport. They just got back from Iraq, and were getting ready to go back to San Diego. They asked if they could take a pic with us because we were the first women they had seen that smiled at them. Of course we took our pics with them, and gave them all a hug and kiss, thanking them for their service. It was very touching to see people who actually are fighting for us..thank you!!

7 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

welcome back....glad you saw the best of the south

KJ said...

They do open the doors for ya, don't they?

Glad you enjoyed Kentucky

ATLLG said...

Ya'll come on back now ...ya hear.

Our moms raised us right, but dad taught us that you get to check out the junk in the trunk if you hold the door. ;)

Most people think Catholics are from some other country...and I converted!

The Volpinator said...

Glad you had a good time and the Kentucky folk treated you well!

RobynB said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!

The derby pie is divine and Southern charm is truly fabulous!

jazzi said...

So glad y'all are back. I just looooove southern men and derby pie.

Blessed said...

something funny to share-
I live in KY, Lexington to be exact and I'm Catholic!
Baptists think I'm in a cult!
Blessings!