Monday, August 14, 2006

They say it like it is..


Sometimes all we need to know about life..we can learn about through television. Sad, I know..but check these quotes out...

On Love..
Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me.

On Intimacy..
I wish there were a rulebook for intimacy. Some kind of guide to tell you when you've crossed the line. It would be nice if you could see it coming, and I don't know how you fit it on a map. You take it where you can get it, and keep it as long as you can. And as for rules, maybe there are none. Maybe the rules of intimacy are something you have to define for yourself.

Intimacy is a four syllable word for, "Here's my heart and soul, please grind them into hamburger, and enjoy." It's both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without. Intimacy also comes attached to the three R's... relatives, romance, and roommates. There are some things you can't escape. And other things you just don't want to know.

On Pain..
Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.

On Adulthood..
We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

On Standing your Ground..
Don't look at me like that, like you've seen me naked.

If only had I payed more attention to television earlier...

xoxo!
andi

PS~Stay tuned for ROCKSTAR review and the next installment of Tales from the Couch..

4 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

Interesting post. The quote on intimacy really hit home. Still wandering in a world of confusion

RobynB said...

Good question Magnum!

Sweet Andi *hugs*

I hope you're doing well :)

Hugs to you
~Robyn

Green Eyes said...

Can't wait to see your next review, girl!

I love TV, it's my background noise that keeps me sane.

KJ said...

This was great.........

I love the adult one........MAKE IT STOP