Monday, July 03, 2006

Tunes that taught me...


So, Happy 4th friends!! I hope all is well for everyone. The beautiful and talented Kj tagged my ass today to complete a list of tunes that have taught me something in life. Hmmm...what a cool concept! Anyway, here is my list...enjoy! Oh, and ladies behave yourselves...just because you play with illegal fireworks does not mean that hottie firemen will come to your house to tell you to stop. You will only get the yucky, lazy ones with no life because all the hottie ones are at the lake boating....just sayin!

Alright....here it goes..

1) Depeche Mode taught me that People are People....
2) Alanis taught me that I am not the only girl who will go down on you in a theatre....
3) 3 Doors Down taught me that I am here without you...
4) Maroon 5 taught me that I cant wait to get under your skin...
5) Prince taught me that I will Cream if I get on top....
6) Hoobastank taught me that the Reason is you...
7) Nirvana taught me that today I found my friends in my head.....
8) Pearl Jam taught me that Once upon a time.....
9) The Cure taught me that whenever I'm alone with you...
10) The Red Hot Chili Peppers taught me that your mouth was made to Suck my Kiss...
11) Madonna taught me to Vogue....
12) Cindi Lauper taught me that Girls just wanna have fun...
13) James Blunt taught me You're beautiful....
14) Eminem taught me that you have to lose yourself in the moment....
15) Anna Nalick taught me to Breathe.....
16) Violent Femmes taught me to let me go on like a blister in the sun....
17) Tonic taught me to Come rest your Head....
18) Morris Day taught me that this dance is only for the sexy people......
19) The Beatles taught me to Let it Be....
20) Gretchen Wilson taught me that I'm a redneck woman....(Yeah, right! She was talking to the wrong chick!!)
21) The Wiggles taught me to dance like an Emu...
22) Men at Work taught me to smile and eat a vegimite sandwich...
23) Jimmy Buffet taught me to ask Why don't we get drunk and screw?
24) Sheryl Crowe taught me that everyday is a winding road......
25) U2 taught me that With or without you.....

xoxo!
andi

PS~And thanks to all of the troops out there who stop by to say hello! My thoughts are with you while you are so far from home....please come home safe!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

great post hon. especially the last part. love it. :) happy 4th.

RobynB said...

I love this list...

I can't believe you listed Violent Femmes... God, I used to LOVE them!

Hoping you're having a wonderful holiday!

Kisses
~Robyn

Edtime Stories said...

can I give you kisses like Robyn without offending?


I love the list......hmmmmmmm wonder if I could reproduce my own..... what have my influences taught me?

sxuly yrs said...

JD~That wasn't meant for you! Whatever...ti amo!

RobynB~Love the Femmes..I have all their CDs..I'll bring them when I come to drink our sorrows away! We could sing too!!

Ed~You can always send me kisses! I would love to see your list!

xoxo!
andi

The Chief said...

Happy 4th to you as well sweetie! Hope you had a great holiday weekend...

KJ said...

I think Gretchen was probably talking about me :)

Great list

Happy 4th!!!

and damn about those firemen, I was sure I would get the hottie

tm said...

Happy 4th Andi.

Speakin' My Mind said...

What a list...that would take me forever to do. Wow.

Hope you had a good 4th...so you had a visit by a fireman, huh?

Green Eyes said...

Of all the songs listed, why do I have the Wiggles in my head????

Thanks, sweet!

erika said...

Great list! You are right girl just want to have fun. I think Gretchen Wilson was talking about me! LOL