Saturday, May 27, 2006

Snowy Saturday...


Yep, its true..it snowed today. Three inches on the ground as we speak. I actually had to light a fire tonight, and my daughter wore a turtle neck. It seems like summer is never coming! But, that is the joy of living up at the lake...you never know what the weather will do.

So, I want to thank you all for your kind thoughts about Chris's mom. We are saddened, but it was for the best. She was elderly and frail, and we find comfort knowing that she is in a better place and with Chris's dad again. His parents were married almost fifty years when he had passed away. I am sure that his mom is happy to be in her lover's arms again. She had a lovely life, and has beautiful children and grandchildren.

Anyway, so like I said earlier..I am behind. But, I am catching up. I will be posting Ask Andi later this weekend. As promised, the wonderful and talented Ed from Edtime Stories will be my co-author~I have to tell you all, that Ed is probably one of the most insightful people I have ever talked to. I trust his advice, and I am sure that you will all enjoy his insight as much as I do! So, anyone else that has questions, let me know. As promised, all will remain anonymous!

So I decided to do a 25 things about me post...The theme this time will be 25 things that I do not let everyone know about myself...but, you all get the scoop! So, dont make me go tag you...any volunteers??

1. I am extremely insecure about who I am.
2. I do not always like being a mom.
3. I hate responsibility.
4. I am really bad at managing money.
5. I was estranged from my father for five years after he and my mother divorced.
6. I failed my first semester of college.
7. I diagnose everyone I meet or talk to within minutes!
8. I am a stress eater.
9. I tripped on the stage when I got my diploma for my undergrad degree.
10. I kissed a guy at a club one night (when I was drunk) who had no teeth.
11. I am scared I will not live to see my daughter grow up.
12. I regret the mistakes I make.
13. I blog to escape my reality, figure myself out, and remind myself of who I was and want to be again.
14. I am an insomniac.
15. I take a prescribed anti-depressant.
16. I dated a hit man once.
17. I like spending time by myself.
18. I was physically abused by my college boyfriend.
19. I am afraid of birds and ghosts.
20. I can not cook.
21. I have had to wear glasses since I was two years old.
22. I gave up a job that paid twice what I make now to stay at home with my daughter when she was born.
23. I have one CD that I keep hidden...it is a country CD, and I tell everyone that I hate country music, even though I listen to this one CD by myself.
24. I drift off when I am in therapy sessions with clients at times.
25. I do not want to be a therapist anymore; I think I am losing my empathy for others and it is scary.

xoxox~
andi

6 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

Hun, thanks for the kind words. I hope I live up to the intro. I am pleased you are able to share your secrets. I will have to think about if I want to. hmmmmmm

Elaine Denning said...

That was a very honest and heartfely list. Thank you for sharing. x C x

Desireous said...

Wow! That was very enlightening! So in other words you're human! :-) I couldn't help but notice from that list that we have a lot in common! I'm glad you shared that all with us!

hugs
Des

Mike said...

Birds? Why? I have a secret country album too!

The Chief said...

More insight into a beautiful, complex woman. Sometimes I don't like being a dad, but I always love my Kids!!

sxuly yrs said...

Thank you guys for letting me share my secrets/little known facts with you all!

Yes, birds freak me out. Hasn't anyone seen the movie the Birds? Yep, I have been at the beach when seagulls swept down at my head..very freaky!

xoxo~
andi